Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Finals Finally Over

I know finals have been over since Friday, but I got a tad sick this Sunday and Monday and did not feel up to posting anything.  I got the flu from Christie's little kids again and on a positive note I do believe I have found a pretty reliable diet plan seeing how this is the second time I got the flu from them. (sorry Christie) =)
But back to finals week.  This has probably been the hardest finals that I have ever taken.  Maybe because it was BYU, maybe it was the classes, but they were so hard and I am so glad to be done with them.  Especially with Anatomy. For those who don't know this about me I do not handle bodily things all that well. I've passed out while getting an I.V. just from seeing the blood and I get queasy over other peoples cuts and scars.  It's what ruled out any medical field for me early on, but alas, the Health & Wellness major had it out to get me and a prereq. for this major is indeed Anatomy.  The first class period I had with the actual cadavers I ran out of the room within 20 minute sobbing and got sick. (Not my proudest moment) But as the semester continued I knew I had to do it, so I worked hard and finally....(this is about how I feel and how I feel how hard anatomy was)
Though I did not get stabbed by a Nazgul, or get chased by a giant spider or make friends with a multiple personality lizard-hobbit hybrid (Gollum) or have to climb the mountain of Mordor, I do feel like that when I walked out of that testing center after taking that 2.5 hr anatomy exam that I had accomplished something just as great as Frodo had done.
Now enough with finals and on to better news.  Zachary came down this weekend and we went up to Christie and it had snowed a ton that day so we decided to take the little infectious tykes sledding.  They did not find the snow as magical as we had expected.  Most of the time Maddie trudged behind making little snow balls as she went while Topher would walk about 5 feet and fall into the snow complaining of how he was physically inapt to go any further unless carried.  I refused to carry either one of them, but Zach, what a good guy, did the best he could and carried both of them to the hill to go sledding at.






Overall a good weekend, ended rough, but that's ok, it's always good when I get to be around Zachary.


No comments:

Post a Comment